Welcome to our temporary website to help us better serve you during the COVID-19 closure. We hope it helps connect you with services that are either specific to the closure, or more relevant because of it. If you need help, email is the best way to contact us during this time. Please see the staff directory for addresses.
Our weekly newsletter is a pleasant diversion from all things COVID, if we do say so ourselves, and is the best way to learn about what’s what at BHPL. You can sign up for it at the bottom of this page, or see our archive.
We’re also adding links to new information here:
- 6/24 Kids can learn about white pine with Wild Sun Catchers Online in a new video that will be posted at 2 PM!
- 6/23 The Corporation of the Blue Hill Public Library will hold its Annual Meeting TONIGHT, Tuesday, June 23 at 5 p.m. via Zoom. All members are encouraged to attend. Members of the Corporation are defined as any adult library card holder in good standing or donor to the library within the previous twelve months. The agenda includes the election of new directors and officers. To join the meeting, please visit https://networkmaine.zoom.us/j/88094022754
- 6/16 Read an important message about library funding from Library Director Rich Boulet.
- 6/16 Learn to use the library catalog’s advanced search to find what you’re looking for.
- 6/10 Want us to pick out books for your kids? Fill out our book bundle request and we’ll take care of the rest!
Curbside Service / Due Dates / ILLs
The library has resumed lending physical materials as of June 1, via contactless curbside pickup and delivery services. All due dates on items that were checked out prior to the library’s closure have been extended through 6/15, by which point we ask that they be returned through the book drop. Please contact us if you need help returning items due to the pandemic. Patrons may now place holds on items owned by BHPL, and will be contacted to arrange a pickup or delivery time, though requests for inter-library loans are still not available. See a list of new items acquired during our closure!
Need a library card?
We are providing remote library card registration for residents of the Blue Hill Peninsula. A library card will allow you access to our digital services, including e-books and e-audiobooks. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 374-5515 to get signed up for a card.
Welcome to the virtual Student Art Month exhibit! Check out the incredible artwork by students from all over the peninsula. The artwork was created over the course of the school year before the school closures and there is also new artwork that students have been making while working from home.